Thursday, February 2, 2012

DC Universe Classics Collect & Connect Validus


Originally, I wasn't going to finish this figure. Validus is one of the Fatal Five, a team of villains who battle Superboy and Legion of Superheroes in the 30th Century. Since I don't own Superboy or any of the Legion (and, no, I'm not picking up the $200 set from Matty Collector), it's not like he's got a spot waiting for him on the shelf. But, due to various sales, I slowly picked up all but two of the figures in Wave 15. Then I saw the last two on clearance and figured, "What the Hell?"

And here we are.

It's a cool figure, at least in the arms and head. I like the brain and the fingers quite a bit: even if you don't know who this is, it's certainly a neat generic monster. The feet seem a bit dull, though, and he shares a common issue with many other Collect & Connect figures: a simplistic midsection lacking detail or distinction.


Even so, he's still pretty cool. I surprised myself when I put him up on the DC Universe shelf rather than in one of the bins. His mass helps counterbalance the large number of heroes I've gathered, making the battle seem more fair.

3 comments:

  1. I really dig the head on him. So freaky looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really looks thick and huge like he would tower over a lot of your figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really dig him- the CNCs from the DCUC series look fun- never had all the pieces for one, but i dig this Validus

    ReplyDelete