Saturday, June 4, 2011

Green Lantern Stand


I'm not even going to pretend this qualifies as a custom. I think I can get away with calling it a kitbash, though even that's stretching it.

This was simple to make. Stupid simple. So simple a kid could do it entirely using things they're allowed to have.


All you're looking at is a small stand put together using blocks from one of the Trio Watchtower sets I bought for less than $2 each with a pair of "silly straws" I bought at a party supply store wedged in the holes.


By shifting the straws, I can get a good assortment of options for displaying a Green Lantern flying in wisps of green energy. The tops of the straws are a bit awkward - I could always trim them back, I suppose, if I ever settle on a pose. I kind of like how adjustable it is, though.

2 comments: