Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tube Shot Glasses


Those are "Luau Tube Shot Glasses," which cost me a buck at... just some discount store in Queens. In case it wasn't already obvious, I didn't pick these up for a party or anything.

Actually, four of the glasses are, at least for the time being, completely superfluous to me. I bought this solely for the two green ones:


Bet you know where this is going. That's right: I was gambling the size would be right. And, wouldn't you know it...


With absolutely no energy expended or work required, I've got a pretty nice energy blast for my 13 inch DC Direct Green Lantern figure. The opening wedges over his fist, and (at least so far) hasn't scraped the paint or given me any problems. Perfect fit, actually:


The two glasses stack, allowing for an extended blast. Alternatively, they can always be divvied up:


The figure on the right, in case you missed it, is the custom I can be a Green Lantern Barbie my wife made. It's not quite as snug a fit there, but it balances fairly well.

I'm not crazy about the bottoms of the glasses, and I might eventually attach something more interesting, assuming I can find something that works as a construct. In the meantime, not too bad for a buck and no work.

No comments:

Post a Comment