Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dusty Trail Action Series 1: S.W.A.T. Pointman


I remember seeing these in Toys R Us several years back. While I was intrigued by the bases, I wasn't as serious about collecting back then as I am now, so I never picked one up.

However, when I came across this at St. Mark's Comics for five bucks, I grabbed it up.


This was produced by a company called "Dusty Trail Toys." They were clearly trying very hard to duplicate McFarlane's success: since I haven't heard of them since, I'm guessing they weren't all that successful. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.


As a statue, this is a pretty impressive piece. The sculpt and paint are both phenomenal. On the articulation front, this doesn't do so well. There are few joints here and there for fine-tuning the pose, but it's really only designed to hold the one.

Though I did manage to get him doing a dance:


The value of this comes from the stand, which is pretty fantastic, though I wish the door closed. In addition, I think they went a little overboard detailing the damage.


You also get a pair of goggles and a gun. Both are good accessories and will work with other six inch figures. For example:


The Pointman's custom bait, and his accessories are headed for the bin, though I haven't decided whether or not I want to turn his stand into something else. To be honest, I kind of like it the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment