Monday, September 26, 2011

Museum Quality


I can't even tell you how excited I am to have picked up these Dinosauria packs for only three bucks each at a Toys R Us Express. Why am I so excited? I'll tell you! It's because these are MUSEUM QUALITY REPLICAS.

I know. You're skeptical. But just take a look at this:


That's right - PROOF! I mean, they couldn't just print that if it wasn't true, right?

"So," you're probably asking, "what the hell does 'museum quality replica' even mean?" Don't worry - I'll show you. First, here are the two Museum Quality skeletons standing next to the Museum Quality miniature plastic dinosaurs they came with, so you can see what these actually looked like when they were alive:


Apparently, the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Triceratops looked like crappy pieces of plastic when they ruled the Earth. See, these are the kind of insightful realizations you get when you start collecting Museum Quality Replicas from the clearance aisle of a Toys R Us Express.

Perhaps, someday, you too shall be so cultured.


Note the Museum Quality gap where the plastic doesn't quite fit together right. Also, added bonus: the Museum Quality pieces falling off (fun fact: every year, tens of thousands of museum visitors are killed by dinosaur skeletons).


Unfortunately, while I now have Museum Quality Replicas, I don't have the same kind of space. So I disassembled them and stuck them into a bin, until I need them for some custom project or another.

I'm sorry. I mean, Museum Quality Custom Project.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha :D hey- never seen a TRU Express! "get your toys FAST at TRU Express!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've never seen one, imagine a KB Toys risen from the grave and hungry for human flesh.

    ReplyDelete