Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Green Lantern Vs. Prometheus Vs. My Budget


I wasn't going to buy this, and I certainly wasn't going to buy this for full price. I already owned a Green Arrow in this scale. Why would I need two? The answer: I wouldn't! And the one I already owned was fine. Good even. Really good.

It's just that, well, it wasn't GREAT. I mean, it was based on the Brave and the Bold design, which was fine and all that. But just fine.


This one, on the other hand, is pure DC. But that's beside the point. Even if this one's a little better - okay, a lot better - he's still ten bucks. And he comes with Prometheus, a supervillain he shot through the head (he, ah, had a good reason).


But this isn't about Prometheus: it's about Green Arrow. Cool character, great figure, but... I didn't need him.

So I didn't buy him. Not the first time I saw this set, nor the second. In fact, I came across this at least five or ten times, took a deep breath, then walked out of whatever store I was in at the time.


But each time I felt my resolve weaken a little bit. Not a lot, mind you: just a little.

I know what you're thinking: you're thinking I broke. Well, it shows what YOU know. See, that's not what happened, at all. On the contrary, I held firm.


But I realized that I couldn't hold out forever. That, eventually, I was going to break down and buy this set in a moment of weakness. I couldn't let that happen, so I came up with a brilliant solution. Rather than hold off until I broke down and bought the toys, I just purchased them while my resolve was still strong.

Anyone buying any of this?

2 comments:

  1. ha ha- nice post title :D if it's any consolation, not that you need it, i bought this ON SIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it fun with this set that Green Arrow killed Prometheus.

    ReplyDelete